If this story makes you mad about the VA . . .

If this story makes you mad about the VA . . . contact your Representatives in Congress and the Senate, or the Veteran's Administration and let them know how you feel about the way the VA treats our vets. You can reference my blog or or the stories of many other vet's and their treatment by the VA available on the web.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hip replacement is about to happen!!!

I received a call from the Portland VA just now . . . they have received additional funding to outsource some of the joint replacements on the list.  (I also found out the list is now a 3 year wait . . . )  Anyway, my name came up for St. Charles and I should have a surgery date by next Friday, 18 June.  That will take care of the replacement of the right hip and hopefully buy me a little time before I have to replace the right knee.

The best part of it, is that I hopefully will be able to get off the Oxyccodone!!!  The surgery will be at St. Charles and I'll be able to rehab at home.  This call just made a beautiful June day a beautiful GREAT June day!

I will post my surgery date when I get it.

1 comment:

  1. When this event takes place it will be a happy day for you your health and just felling great again..

    You look great in the snow Steven!

    ReplyDelete