If this story makes you mad about the VA . . .

If this story makes you mad about the VA . . . contact your Representatives in Congress and the Senate, or the Veteran's Administration and let them know how you feel about the way the VA treats our vets. You can reference my blog or or the stories of many other vet's and their treatment by the VA available on the web.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Time for an update . . .

Well, it's been 2 1/2 months and everything continues to go well with the new hip.  I've walked Pilot Butte a couple times and I can do just about anything I want to . . . except jog, and I haven't tried to run yet.

As for my appeal, I still haven't heard anything back from the DRO, but John from Congressman Waldon's office, put a bug in their ear.  I also contacted the VA and was added to the cancellation list, for an expedited hearing.  They're suppose to be contacting me with a date and time, for an "informal" telephone hearing, in the up-coming months.  I requested the phone hearing, as I still don't have permission to travel from Doc, and Stu doesn't want to drive to Portland either.

I was informed that the current backlog for DRO hearings was well over a year and to be frank, I'm almost to 25 years in the fight now.  It's time for the VA to admit they screwed up not once, but 3 times, in denying my claim.  It's truely hard to believe they ignore the Army Doctors findings and rule that it isn't possible that Arctic Infantry, Light Infantry, Air Assault, etc., could irritate a persons hips and knees . . . let alone the 2 medical drops from Airborne because of my knees.

Next post will be when I hear a date and time for my hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment