If this story makes you mad about the VA . . .

If this story makes you mad about the VA . . . contact your Representatives in Congress and the Senate, or the Veteran's Administration and let them know how you feel about the way the VA treats our vets. You can reference my blog or or the stories of many other vet's and their treatment by the VA available on the web.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jan. 30, 2012 Partial victory! The waiting continues.

Just before New Year's, my claim is back in "Review of evidence", WTH!

Surprise, in early Jan., I receive a letter from the VA stating that I've received a partial decision.  They have denied my tinnitus (I thought that was a guaranteed, based on my MOS?  I mean, even the DRO Hearing Officer stated that it was a given (I have her on tape stating that).  My kidney's and liver were put on "pending".  BUT, my left shoulder was rated at 10% and service related.  I've been regularly checking e-bennies and my claim still shows as in  "Review of evidence" through tonight.  I did get a letter from the VA apologizing that it was taking so long last week, but all I can do is watch and hope that they finally recognize and admit that my Military service did in fact, aggravate my "pre-existing" condition.

My SO has also informed me that he is formally retiring.  He has taught me plenty and he deserves time to do what he wants and has earned.  He did recommend another SO, who I also know, so now is a wait and see as to what the final decision of the VA is.

(NOTE:  If the decision comes back against my claim, I will have to file a "Letter of Disagreement".  That will already include the disagreement with the denial of the tinnitus.  We'll also need to see, if I win my claim, how far back they will take it.  By the book, my claim should go back to the first time I filed it in '86.  If it doesn't, I will have to submit paperwork requesting a review to take it back to then.  Like I stated earlier, the whole system is heavily weighted in the VA's favor.  They can continue to drag this out for several more years . . . or until I die, which ever comes first.)

No comments:

Post a Comment