If this story makes you mad about the VA . . .

If this story makes you mad about the VA . . . contact your Representatives in Congress and the Senate, or the Veteran's Administration and let them know how you feel about the way the VA treats our vets. You can reference my blog or or the stories of many other vet's and their treatment by the VA available on the web.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

War on the VA has been declared and plans are coming together!

The initial plan of attack started with this blog.  Yup! we're going public.

After watching CBS: 60 Minutes report titled "Veteran's Benefits - Frustration", I contacted 60 Minutes with my story.  I also contacted another reporter about a possible "human interest" story, about my fight with the VA.  Today, I received an  e-mail from the reporter, stating he was going to check my story out and do a little poking around . . . we'll have to wait to see where this goes.  I also contacted an Ol' friend in Washington, D.C. and asked him to command the second prong in the attack.  He's heading up a nice task force, but I'm not at liberty to disclose who he is and what he's doing at this time.  He briefed me last night and I will say that he has my deep heartfelt thanks!

I've got a couple other things in mind . . . and I'm working on them as time permits.  We lost one of our techs at work and I went to 6 day work weeks last week.

If anyone knows of a couple of Orthopedic surgeons, willing to look at my medical papers and provide a letter, stating their professional opinion of whether my military duties could "more likely than not" aggravated my per-existing condition, please let me know.  I'm trying to find my contact info with a possibility here in Bend.  (NOTE:  Some SO's recommend a "Nexxus Letter" at this point.  There are two problems, 1st is finding an Orthopedic Surgeon, with the knowledge of  what an Arctic Infantryman does and goes through, and is willing to review your records and then provide the letter.  The 2nd is paying for the Doctor to review the 2" think pile of records.  This is on the Vet.)

Will provide more updates as I get them and can.

No comments:

Post a Comment